Nearby Creative provides tailored product development solutions for various local and national organizations. We touch many verticals in web, mobile, edutech, medtech, policing, AI, and social media.
The contracts we’re focused on, currently, are for existing web products that require additional engineering support, maintenance, and feature development.
We code in LAM(PHP) (Laravel) and MERN (Mongo, Express, React, Node) and AWS stacks—so, candidates that can cross between PHP to JS/React and know their way around AWS are ideally suited in our organization.
We offer appealing benefits to our team, including remote work, flexible hours, and competitive wages.
We are looking for a talented WordPress Developer to build visually appealing and intuitive websites as part of a team of web developers and designers to support our clients' websites. Our ideal candidate will have professional experience working with agile teams, developers, web / graphic designers, and writers. Our team is looking for a problem solver who wants ownership of their projects and takes pride in their final output.
- Develop and maintain responsive WordPress websites on various frameworks based on design mockups provided by us.
- Provide technical direction and hands-on development to build new website features that support our clients' goals.
- Collaborate closely with our team of developers, designers, writers and with stakeholders to build useful features.
- Work with development pipelines / environments (VCS, dev, staging, production) to ensure proper lifecycles and hand-offs.
- Bring thought leadership by proactively finding and implementing opportunities to optimize websites and elevate our team.
- Three or more years of experience and a proven track record via an online portfolio or collection of websites.
- Plenty of hands-on experience with WordPress and Gutenberg editor, alongside familiarity with other WYSIWYG plugins.
- Working knowledge of web formatting and server-side languages, such as: HTML, CSS / SCSS, JS, and PHP.
- A solid grasp of soft skills: communications, critical thinking, leadership, and teamwork (we like to work with the best).
- 100% remote work
- Pittsburgh office optional
- Flexible hours
- Competitive wages
- Low-stress environment
- Advancement opportunities
- All contractor benefits
- 25 days paid time off:
- 10 vacation days
- 10 federal holidays
- 5 personal days
- 2 rollover days
- Paid family leave
- Health, vision, dental
- Life insurance policy
- Short- and long-term disability
- Equipment expensing
- Professional development