Senior PHP Developer
Nearby Creative provides tailored product development solutions for various local and national organizations. We touch many verticals in web, mobile, edutech, medtech, policing, AI, and social media.
The contracts we’re focused on, currently, are for existing web products that require additional engineering support, maintenance, and feature development.
We code in LAM(PHP) (Laravel) and MERN (Mongo, Express, React, Node) and AWS stacks—so, candidates that can cross between PHP to JS/React and know their way around AWS are ideally suited in our organization.
We offer appealing benefits to our team, including remote work, flexible hours, and competitive wages.
We are looking for a talented Senior PHP Developer to work with cross-functional teams on developing extensible web applications and dashboards using PHP and their knowledge of Laravel and Eloquent. Our ideal candidate will have strong communications skills, professional experience working with Agile teams, and a strong "portfolio" of work on a cloud-based repo where you collaborated with others. Our team is looking for a problem solver who wants ownership of their projects and takes pride in the final output. If you have strong PHP chops and would like to work with our team on exciting med-tech based projects, this job may be for you.
- Laravel: 3 years (Required)
- PHP: 10 years (Required)
- English (Required)
- US work authorization (Required)
- Bachelor's (Preferred)
- Web development: 7 years (Preferred)
- Work with cross-functional teams in a remote capacity to maintain software.
- Collaborate with stakeholders teams to drive action and build useful features.
- Make use of branching and pull requests via version control system.
- Leverage knowledge of common paradigms (Factory, Adapter, Singleton, etc)
- Utilize best practices including writing automated tests and pushing TDD
- A bachelor’s degree or higher in related field to comp sci, or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of experience in PHP 5 and / or 7+ development
- Strong experience with Laravel framework and Eloquent ORM
- Familiarity with project management processes like Agile/Scrum
- DevOps knowledge cloud infrastructure chops using services like AWS
- Knowledge of infrastructure testing, configuration, and deployment
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills
- Self-driven desire to continuously learn new technologies and skills
- Knowledge of automated CI/CD pipeline creation and management
- Utilize containerization technologies such as Docker
- Experience working with geographically distributed teams
- AWS experience with the following: EC2, SNS, SQS, EC2, ECS, RDS, CloudWatch, etc.
- 100% remote work
- Pittsburgh office optional
- Flexible hours
- Competitive wages
- Low-stress environment
- Advancement opportunities
- All contractor benefits
- 25 days paid time off:
- 10 vacation days
- 10 federal holidays
- 5 personal days
- 2 rollover days
- Paid family leave
- Health, vision, dental
- Life insurance policy
- Short- and long-term disability
- Equipment expensing
- Professional development