Nearby Creative provides Product Development Lifecycle Services (PDLC) to Fortune 500s and large- to mid-size organizations. In our design, development, and marketing efforts, we touch many verticals, including FinTech, MedTech, EdTech, and LawTech. We're excited to work with people who are autodidactic and who like working with cross-disciplinary team members.
We offer appealing benefits including remote work, flexible hours, and competitive wages.
We are looking for a talented Product Owner who will be the point person on our scrum team. You will work closely with our teams and client stakeholders on defining vision and managing the product design process. We're looking for you to manage the PDLC process and ensure our clients' needs are met. You will be tasked with managing backlog items, and optimizing the value of our products through usability testing and analysis. Our ideal candidate will be detail-oriented and have excellent organizational, leadership, and communication skills.
- Collaborate with stakeholders and/or cross-functional teams on product features and plan design-based sprints in an Agile format.
- Lead teams of product designers and developers to translate business needs into meaningful concepts, flows, journeys, prototypes, and mockups.
- Facilitate workshops to glean information on architecture and heuristics to ideate and delineate on evolved workflows through user testing.
- Capture current product state, achieve stakeholder alignment on priorities, and create product lifecycle roadmaps to achieve those goals.
- Utilize quantitative and qualitative research gatherings to generate meaningful insights that will drive improved usability.
- Write acceptance criteria in tickets for heuristics, states, and analytics and general product documentation for future teams.
- BA or higher in related field to UX/IA, information systems or equivalent experience
- 3-5+ years of experience leading product design teams through PDLC lifecycles
- Strong experience with project management methodologies and ticketing in tools like Jira
- Expertise in UX fields of Information Architecture, Visual Design, and Interaction Design
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills with US work authorization
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and presentation skills
- A sample portfolio of examples of your work or strategic approaches to problem solving
We are preferential to working with applicants located in and around the Pittsburgh area, but we encourage you to apply if you are within a three-hour timezone of EST.
- 100% remote work
- Pittsburgh office optional
- Flexible hours
- Competitive wages
- Low-stress environment
- Advancement opportunities
- All contractor benefits
- 25 days paid time off:
- 10 vacation days
- 10 federal holidays
- 5 personal days
- 2 rollover days
- Paid family leave
- Health, vision, dental
- Life insurance policy
- Short- and long-term disability
- Equipment expensing
- Professional development